tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flowing flower

AC Members
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
still new to the sw scene
i ve had my aquarium since oct 2003. had a dye off recently except my firefish(toughy) of ich. tank was empty except for f.fish for a few weeks and i got a y.tang(yeah... not the best choice..hind sight 20/20). evierything going good for past 6 days but y.tang looks slightly discolored @ stomach area along with some "mounds on skin" not ichish. eats like a savage. f.fish eats well and looks well. slightly concerned. i have rxp and greenex if anyone thinks it'll do good.
55 gal
1 small anemoneo(whatever)
dozens of small red feather dusters(how big do they get)
crabs( in the aquarium of course)
f.fish
tang
hey. thanks for all the help guys and gals.

Jman

AC Members
Jan 21, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
My yellow eats everything in sight as well. I'd be very concerned if she stopped eating.
You might still have problems with the ich in the tank. I've been fortunate so far and have not had to deal with that particularly nasty disease.

Raki

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Philadelphia Pa
Visit site
Tangs, I've been told are more prone to ich. I have two, a sailfin and a yellow , they both eat like pigs. (I'm sure someone on here is going to tell you that a 55 gallon is a bit small for a tang . They like there crusing room.) There are things you can do to keep the tang from getting ich . One is to keep the immune system "up" by feeding garlic my tangs love it . You can add it to there food ,Kent makes a garlic additive . I use the real stuff chopped very fine and if I don't give them enough the tangs will actually fight over it.
You can also do your best to keep them from getting stressed. Make sure that there is plenty of room for the tang to "cruse" from one end of the tank to the other. Mine love to go back and forth all day long.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store