Betta tank needs some aquascaping yall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clearlyxvague

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Hi there!

So I've had this tank with my little blue betta for a while, but I never really knew how to aquascape it. What do you guys think I should do with it?

It's got some anacharis, anubias and moss on a rock, some red ludwigia and something that I think is spiralis.

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I think it looks amazing as is. To make it more comfortable for the betta id say as some driftwood or a cave just so he has somewhere to hide. Even though its just the single betta in the tank the still like to adventure and hide in caves and other similar things. What size tank is this? Whats his temperment like? If its a big enough tank ( say 10gals) it would be nice to have a school of fish in there or some snails/shrimp.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

clearlyxvague

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Dubai, UAE
He's quite swimmy - if that's a word. Always darting from here to there, exploring and whatnot. But it's only a 5 gallon, so I wasn't going to put anything else with him.

I've been looking for drift wood, but I did the nylon stockings test and every one I found kept snagging, so I haven't bought any. Yesterday I did notice a little tear in his tail. It might be because of the mossy rock - that's the newest addition - so I might take that out of there. Which is a shame, because I really liked the anubias. :/

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
5 gallons isnt suitable for a school of fish but it is suitable for a few snails alongside your betta. Adds a little more life to the tank because of the added movement.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store