Cobalt EXT Filter Review

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
So for my paludarium project (over in the Terrarium forum...) I am looking for a canister filter and am intrigued by the Cobalt E-X-T. Anyone use these? I haven't been able to find much info on them and am not sure if it is because they are new, they blow, or were just originally way to expensive for what they do (price now is just under $100). My biggest concern besides longevity/reliability is if the pump will have enough juice to pump/filter my aquarium. The tank will be a 70gal approx. 1/2 full with the actual filter underneath the tank. A 210gph powerhead or whatever it is seems like it might no be strong enough, but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about?

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Got my Cobalt EXT. Haven't run it yet, so I can't comment on the most important aspects of it. The canister itself seems like it will seal real good. My complaints so far are the lack of accessories such as spray bar(s), no filter/sponge for powerhead, cheap plastic for the accessories that came with it, and not quite enough hose came with it either. That being said, I still look forward to running it and seeing how it performs.

rcb031

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Real Name
Rob
how has your experiance with the E-X-T been? I've been doing as much research as I can on these as I am very interested in purchasing one.

I'm very intrigued by the ability to constantly having the water circulating even during cleanings.

MChambers

AC Members
Jun 5, 2009
Washington DC
I've had one working for about a year. I like it a lot. I don't keep the water circulating during cleanings, but I could. I like the detached pump and the ease of cleaning the filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store