Hello!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SweetFrog

Registered Member
Aug 25, 2013
I'm new here. I've come to expand my knowledge so as to take better care of my two small tanks. Recently, I lost a betta fish. I'd had him for over a year, but after the floating pond frog I got as a buddy for him died (he liked to escape and was very good at it! One morning I found him all dried up...) he looked lonely so I got three African dwarf frogs, who shared the water with him, unlike the floater who never moved from his mossy island above the surface. Well, after a week he got sick and I discovered the frogs were nipping his tail, thinking it was food. Before I knew it, he had dropsy and a bacterial infection and as badly as I wanted to keep medicating him, I put him out of his misery and euthanized him (at the behest of my significant other who works at an aquarium store and is very passionate about fish.) So I decided it would be best to join a forum where I can go and get some advice should anything happen again. Right now I have a new betta in his own 5.5 gallon tank, and the frogs in a separate 2.5 gallon. I look forward to any help I may get in the future :perv: Thank you for reading this!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store