What plant is this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
It looks like Water Wisteria. Hygrophila Difformis. The leaves look as though it was grown emersed and is transitioning to the submersed state.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Everybody got it right. I agree. :thm::iagree:

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Agree with everyone. It should grow like a weed for you. They can overtake a tank if not pruned often.

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
It looks like Water Wisteria. Hygrophila Difformis. The leaves look as though it was grown emersed and is transitioning to the submersed state.

nailed it on the head there! I got it from petco, it was in one of those little plastic tubes with the roots in gel.

thanks so much guys. I was using this plant as a guinea pig so see if i could get a plant to grow under LED light for a new 10 gallon planted tank i am going to be starting using LED lights. Needless to say the experiment was a success. I put this plant in my 22 gallon cube, vaccummed the whole thing except that one little area where i was going to be putting that plant and didnt do anything else, just put it and waited, i saw roots start to extend down after a few days and knew it was going to make it. my 22 gallon cube only has 3 led tubes that i got from petco, for a total of 9 watts and 900 lumens for a Lumen/ square inch of 3.52 lumens per square inch. compared to the light that is going to be in my 10 gallon tank, three 560 lumen 6.4W Led bulbs for a total of 19.2 Watts, 1,680 lumens with a lumen/square inch ratio of 8.4 lumens per square inch. so my 10 gallon planted tank is going to have 3x the light. i have high hopes for this planted tank i am going to be starting. keep an eye out for my build log coming shortly!

thanks guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store