Moss ball

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cksnffr

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
There was a moss ball in one of the LFS tanks yesterday. It looked really cool. Might it be a fairly simple entry into the world of live plants? I gather they're not really low-light specimens, though. What do they need to thrive?

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Moss balls are very easy! Is it a marimo ball or java moss ball? Marimo sinks and looks like felt while java balls are sometimes just moss on a floating Styrofoam ball and looks tendrily.

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
I love those moss balls (not java) but they just made them illegal over here in Hawaii so our LFS has a bunch of the moss balls in all of their display tanks, however no can buy.

Cksnffr

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
Not sure what kind, but it looked like this one.

So could I likely keep it happy with one standard fluorescent tube? I'm sure I'll get the live-plants bug one day and wind up with real lighting, but right now I want to focus on keeping my fish alive.

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Not sure what kind, but it looked like this one.

So could I likely keep it happy with one standard fluorescent tube? I'm sure I'll get the live-plants bug one day and wind up with real lighting, but right now I want to focus on keeping my fish alive.
Thats a marimo moss ball. They are really easy to care for.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store