Trying to find light for tall, medium light tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Quick question asking for maybe a not so quick answer: I am setting up a paludarium that is about 24" tall but will only have an actual water depth of about 15-18." I do not plan on injecting CO2 (tank will have lots of surface agitation and plus I really don't want to deal with it) and the plants I am considering having include: a few crypts (wendtii or crisaptula or similar), hygrophila, and probably some moss below the water. I will be more focused on having greenery above the water line. Will I be better off purchasing one or two Marineland Double Brite 48-60" LED fixtures or should I just grab a 48-60" Planted tank fixture? I like that the Planted tank fixture has a built in timer and seems like it would certainly only require one fixture. I just don't want to 1) overpay for a light fixture and 2) setup a lighting system that is too bright and turns my tank into an algae farm without going all out CO2-heavy dosing.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm a fan, and intend to buy some, of those fixtures, but I don't know how they'll work on a set up as tall as yours.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
I just ordered a pair of the Current Satellite Freshwater LED+ fixtures... We'll see what happens lol! $230 for the pair wasn't a bad deal, I figured. According to the latest numbers, that should give me PAR of about 42 at the deepest parts..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store