Beginner Fish Hobbyist - Saying Hello!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ErinT

Registered Member
Aug 28, 2013
Hi,

my name is Erin and I live in Colorado. I just bought a house with a gigantic and somewhat intimidating 300 gallon fish tank. Come to find out it needs a lot of work :) - the fish dying were my first clue.

So I joined here in order to find a group of people I can talk to about ideas to help find things and troubleshoot ideas and move my tank in a healthy direction.

first order of business - a sump sized for a 300 gallon tank, not a 100 gallon tank. :) not sure where to post that question yet, but will find and post soon. (there aren't a lot of places in Denver that do Saltwater and have a store you can go into who will help you without a maintenance plan.

Thanks and hope to get to know some of you and maybe I will learn enough to be helpful to others in the future!

Tank Information on me:
300 gallon Acrylic
currently using small bio ball sump with external ReefSkimmer. rather small sump for all the pumps I have (2 for tank filters to bio balls, one for skimmer (well one in the sump and one not), and another one - not really sure where it goes though...) still learning some of the finer details.
I make my own RO water and salinate it at home. Currently have - damsel (only fish tough enough for the tank at the moment) - had an emporer angel in transition, but he died today :-()

and that is the info on me.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
First off welcome to AC :) to find some solutions and saltwater help ypu should post in the saltwater section of the forum. There are people there who will help with just about anything you need.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ErinT

Registered Member
Aug 28, 2013
Okay - so I only found one group on salt water. I think I might be looking in the wrong place. I tried a search for saltwater in the group title and got nothing. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store