Ceacilian worm lover

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ceacilianjoy

Registered Member
Sep 3, 2013
I have been raising and breeding ceacilian worms for 20 years. I have discovered many things about them that I would love to share if there is anyone who needs help in caring for them. The worms, by the way, can live 15 to 20 years and longer if properly cared for. Most have short lives in captivity because they are real escape artists. They are, perhaps the pitbulls of the amphibian world in that they have a very strong bite. They can also move some pretty heavy rocks. Mine are of the black variety which is most common in the fish stores, when you can find them. As individuals they can be pretty doscile but in groups they can go into a feeding frenzy in which case watch out because they will bite. Their bite must be pretty infectious for there are no tank mates that can survive with them. Even a well armoured plecto can be easily dispatched and eaten. They tend to thrive in groups. Though the female often chases the males and other babies away when she becomes pregnant. If they have no place to escape too they will attempt to hide from her or seek out other hiding places away from her if they can. I lost many males because of pregnancy. They are hardy against most diseases and can be cured simply by changing the water most of the time.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store