5 yr old angelfish acting strange

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
It's been a month since my tank was moved. I recently noticed that my 5 yr old angelfish acting strange. She didn't eat yesterday, maybe a little. But this morning, she didn't swim to the front of the tank, she hung in the left corner on the bottom. I fed the fish this morning, she didn't go to the surface or eat any food. She is breathing kind of heavy. The recent fish added was a baby sunset honey gourami. I know I need a Q/T tank... but don't have the money right now, since I just got a kitten.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
At this point, IMO, this could be just about anything. But when my fish are acting strange...I do daily large water changes. Lots of clean, fresh water does wonders!
I do 40-50% changes. But you could do less. I would do at least 30%.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Then tomorrow....do a really big one! I mean at this point you have nothing to go on....could be a million things....or nothing.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Did you measure your water parameters just for verification?

Like stephcps says, water changes can't hurt. You could drain the water right down to the minimum your fish need to swim, then fill back up with fresh, dechlorinated water.

FWIW, I had an unexplained issue, resulting in some fish deaths in my 20g long recently. 2-3, 80% water changes and all has been well since. No new additions or anything to that tank either. :(

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The parameters are the same week by week.

Ammonia: 0 PPM
Nitrite: 0 PPM
Nitrate: 5-10PPM

I did a 25% water change and no change in the angelfish's behavor. I think she is dying... I noticed that when my fish stop eating they die a few days to a week later. :[ I don't know if the water changes will help my 5 yr old angel. She would be 6 in a few months, could be her age.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store