MACNA = Great Time!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Had a lot of fun and some great weather to boot. Next year, the show will be in Denver. Highly recommend that everyone go if they can.

The hotel...

This was one of Aqua Illumination's display tanks with a gigantea carpet. There were several of these with different carpets...

One of ORA's displays (note the very cool white maroon clown)

The ATM guys were there. Didn't talk to them but a lot of people were in their line. The guys from Fish Tank Kings were there too but they were hardly noticed...

This guy is called a "bounce" mushroom and it was $1,000. One of 2 $1,000+ corals I saw at the show.

Got some great frags at what I felt were fair to very fair prices. Lots of equipment for sale and on display and lots of great people to talk to.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Very cool. I feel like I've been hearing more and more about MACNA as the years pass by. I bet I could just spend hours walking around and checking out all the cool stuff. I'd love to go one day

Man although that bounce shroom is very beautiful I dont think I could ever justify buying a coral for more than 100 bucks or so, even if I was a millionaire. A G for a single shroom is crazy lol. Also, I'm curious - were the guys from that TANKED show received well? The general consensus, atleast online, seems to be that these guys are insane. I've seen the show myself several times and the way they add fish and sometimes corals to new tanks seems unbelievable. But I also get that they might be taking precautions that are being edited out of the show.

Also great to hear you're up and about after those recent health complications!

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
MACNA in Denver is very tempting! It might just be a trip worth taking.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Very cool. I feel like I've been hearing more and more about MACNA as the years pass by. I bet I could just spend hours walking around and checking out all the cool stuff. I'd love to go one day

Man although that bounce shroom is very beautiful I dont think I could ever justify buying a coral for more than 100 bucks or so, even if I was a millionaire. A G for a single shroom is crazy lol. Also, I'm curious - were the guys from that TANKED show received well? The general consensus, atleast online, seems to be that these guys are insane. I've seen the show myself several times and the way they add fish and sometimes corals to new tanks seems unbelievable. But I also get that they might be taking precautions that are being edited out of the show.

Also great to hear you're up and about after those recent health complications!
Thanks, I'm glad I was able to go too.

Completely agree with dropping that kind of cash on a coral, although I must admit I exceeded your $100 limit :). Hey, I deserve it! :).

The Tanked guys were definitely popular which surprised me. However, the couple of times I drifted by close enough to listen in, they were definitely having to explain themselves. I believe this was no doubt a PR move on their part. Trying to get in good with the community after gaining a bad rep and some issues with shark deaths in a tank they setup. They were filming on location as well so we should see some clips in a future episode.

MACNA in Denver is very tempting! It might just be a trip worth taking.
This was my second trip and it won't be the last. Denver in early September should be beautiful. Advance tickets I think are $89 which is a great deal. 3 day passes will likely be $180+ once the show gets closer. Coral Palooza comes up here in Orlando in April which should be another good show. It will mostly be vendors though.

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
I'll be at the Denver MACNA for sure. I have lots of family there! September will be beautiful there. Glad you enjoyed this one. Did you see any equipment that you just had to have???

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Not really. I was looking at the DC skimmer/return pumps and the new submersible reactors. Lots of lighting on display with most displays being lit by Kessils. The AI Hyrda 52s were pretty bright (maybe too bright).

WickedReef

AC Members
Oct 23, 2013
South Florida
Darn! Had the chance to go, got free tickets but had too much schoolwork, figured it would be back in Miami again next year, too bad :(

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It comes to Florida every 2 to 3 years it seems.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store