Oscar

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sethman94

AC Members
Sep 11, 2013
NC
Real Name
Seth
I have 3 oscars and they don't seem aggressive towards each other and they don't dominate one another when I feed them, will that change?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Oscars, well...........Yes, Maybe, and Maybe not. Each Oscar will be different. There is just no REAL way to tell.

DBLN8

AC Members
Dec 7, 2013
The usual problem with 3 Oscars is 2 of them team up and end up picking on the 3rd. What size tank are they in?

Loach guy

Loach guy
Dec 20, 2013
Michigan
Real Name
Scott
I have owed Oscars for many years. I love Oscars because they are like big dumb, lazy dogs. I never saw them go after another fish (that wasn't a feeder) as long as they are well fed. They wouldn't go after anything that was quick, or was smart enough to hide. I was told I couldn't keep anything that could fit in their mouth in the tank. When i finally traded the fish in for turtles, i had 32 fish total, and the Oscars were about 12" long. Don't believe what everyone tells you. And as a side note. if you want their colors to pop, keep the tank away from windows, use a black background, and a black, if not dark substrate.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Oscars, well...........Yes, Maybe, and Maybe not. Each Oscar will be different. There is just no REAL way to tell.
...yet!

I have owed Oscars for many years. I love Oscars because they are like big dumb, lazy dogs. I never saw them go after another fish (that wasn't a feeder) as long as they are well fed. They wouldn't go after anything that was quick, or was smart enough to hide. I was told I couldn't keep anything that could fit in their mouth in the tank. When i finally traded the fish in for turtles, i had 32 fish total, and the Oscars were about 12" long. Don't believe what everyone tells you. And as a side note. if you want their colors to pop, keep the tank away from windows, use a black background, and a black, if not dark substrate.
Very true with some. It's worth a shot. I know a guy who fed his oscar feeders that were bigger than the molly who had successfully lived with the oscar from day one. The molly has passed away (without a scratch) and he hasn't been able to successfully introduce a new molly, but the new fire eel is doing well.

Like dogs, you have to test and find out if you wanna know

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store