Need advice on lights asap please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sol

AC Members
Sep 15, 2013
I'm supposed to go buy this tomorrow morning from a guy on Craigslist. I know it's probably way more than I need but the price is right and it gives me options, this is for a 48"x24"x22" 110gal and I was wanting to stay lowtech planted:

1. Aquatic-Life-48-6-Lamp-6-x-54W-T5-HO-Light-Fixture
48" used 6x54w AquaticLife T5HO Light Fixture W/ 4 LEDs $100
bulbs are a year old

and now I found this much closer to my house:

2. ($125 o.b.o.) 48" Current Nova Extreme 4x T5HO Bulbs (Aquablue, Rosette, Current 10k, ZooMed 6700k < 6mth old) + Lunar Lights! Mounting Legs. Has 4 plugs for completely customizable Lighting time capabilities. Will also throw in 4 new bulbs to sweeten the deal. Aqua blue, redwave ati rosette, white 10k, yellow 6700 etc.

I don't know what one would be better, the first guy is 2 hours drive from me

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Door No. 2, no question. First off the new set of bulbs is worth more than the price difference in themselves. Second it does say "obo" so you can haggle a bit, might get him to match the other offer if he just wants to unload the gear. Third, if you go with Mr. 2-Hr-Drive, get home and the stuff has problems you are not going to want to drive another 2 hrs to demand your money back.

2 is a better deal every way around, imho. I would not use a yellow light myself but you could always try taking it to your LFS and try to exchange it for a different color bulb. Best of luck with your dealings. :)

sol

AC Members
Sep 15, 2013
I found the Nova 4 bulb unit for about $170 new, so I'm thinking of offering him $80
or drive out and get the 6 bulb aquaticlife, it can run just 2, 4 or all 6 bulbs and only has 1 plug,
it is programmable with multiple settings on the built in timer to run only 2, 4 or all 6, plus nite time LED's.

or I could wait for the new finnex fugeray plant LED to come out and preorder it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store