Stock List For 29g Planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
Finally decided on stock list, check it out:
9 Ghost Shrimp
7 Asian Glass Catfish
5 Cherry Barbs
3 Otos
I may do a solo fish but I'll make that decision when I have everything else. I've had the Otos and 4 shrimp for a couple of weeks now and they're fun to watch. I got 5 more shrimp and the barbs over the weekend and Petco is ordering the catfish. I'm open to solo fish suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
The Onion Plants and Water Sprite are both showing new growth. Onion Plants were a little difficult to plant, well stay planted, but I think I've got them placed where I want them. Bacopa C. and Amazon S. really looking good. As far as stock, I got lucky. The Cherry Barbs were an impulse buy simply because of color. With Ghost Shrimp and Glass Catfish, where's the color? They really "pop" against the greenery and fit well in a planted tank. Once I add the other 3 glass catfish, I'll revisit my plant and stock list. Here's the latest pic:

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1379709400.886411.jpg

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Maybe a dwarf or pearl gourami or rams or maybe apistos for a "centerpiece". I don't have any personal experience with apistos, but from what I've read I think they may be suited to a 29g.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Pearl Gourami are really beautiful, and they also eat hydra if you encounter them due to the shrimp and/or plants. I know I did! I also have tons of snails, so I can vouch for their safeness.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Sorry, I didn't mean snail safe. I meant shrimp safe.
I'm not sure there are really any fish that are shrimp safe... I've tried a few kinds that are said to be shrimp safe like SAE and Pearl Gourami. The adult shrimp made a run for the other side of the tank immediately upon sight, and the fry became lunch, so it really depends on if you are interested in breeding shrimp or not. They are at the bottom of the food chain, and they know it!

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
I've got Cherry Barbs, Glass Catfish, Otos, Danios, and a Balloon Molly which leave the shrimp alone. I would like to see the shrimp breed but I know many of the young will be food. I mainly want something that will leave the adults alone. I tried a Betta in the past but he picked the shrimp to death and hollowed out the shells.
(The Danios and Molly are going to another tank.)

mario75

AC Members
Apr 15, 2012
Real Name
Marius
I have paracheirodon innesi and ottocinclus afinis with shrimps and is ok...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store