FS FS - Anacharis (Elodea), Water Sprite, Trumpet snails (MTS) - Brooklyn, NY - pick-up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

vombatus

AC Members
Hi!

I'm constantly throwing away excess water sprite and anarcharis. So if you're in NYC and you would like any, please PM me! I also have a large, healthy population of trumpet snails.

Trumpet snails (Malaysian Trumpet Snails/ MTS) are $5/5 and $.75 for each additional. Minimum single purchase is 5 snails, maximum single purchase is 10 snails. 5 snails is enough to seed a population in a tank with good water quality and no predators, but in a larger tank or if you're not sure how snails will thrive in your water, it's probably a good idea to get more. To check on population progress, check on them in the middle of the night-- scan the walls of your tank for tiny snails. They tolerate brackish conditions and love cooler water but will do fine in tropical tanks if none of your fish eat their babies!

Anacharis (aka Elodea) is $5/ 6". Your desired length could be in one stalk, or one with shoots, or separate stalks combined, depending on what I have and what you want. Minimum purchase is 1 foot for $10 (2 x 6" or 1 x 12" or 3 x 4", etc) and maximum purchase of 18" for $15. PM me if this is confusing! This anacharis has been growing for me for well over a year. It's like a weed, in both my room temperature tank and my tropical tank.

Water sprite is trickier to price. I will give you what I would consider to be "one plant" or a "bunch" for $6 (maximum purchase is 2). This will be just a little bigger than the size you would get for one "plant" or "bunch" at Petco/Petsmart. However, I can tell you that I've had this same water sprite growing for well over a year and it's a beautiful and healthy stock. As a courtesy I will do my best to include some root in any purchase, even though you really don't need roots for water sprite to grow. It loves cold water and can tolerate brackish salinity. It seems to like tropical water temperatures less in my experience.

Please PM me to set something up! I am located in south Brooklyn and I go to school in Long Island City, Queens. I'm open to meeting up somewhere but if I have to make a special trip I will have to add the transit cost to your order.

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee any of my plants or snails will thrive in your tank. I'm just a hobbyist with an abundance and a need of money! My plants will come from a room temperature tank with a newt and trumpet snails in it, so it is advisable to rinse them a bit before you put them in your tank, especially if you don't want any trumpet snails that might have hitched a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store