Hello fellow fish lovers!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arvada_Lanee

AC Members
Sep 22, 2013
Wisconsin
Hello All! My name is Arvada Lanee, and I am very new to the world of aquariums, and fish keeping. My first fish were 2 guppies, and they ended up having babies. There were 7 fry. I have a separate tank for the fry now, and will soon be getting another tank to keep males and females separate. Who knows how many tanks I will end up with one day. I am really enjoying all the reading, and learning, and beauty of the aquarium world. Since I have big plans for my new passion, I thought this forum would be a good way to learn more. I don't know any of the fishy-lingo yet, (Except LFS, I did figure that one out!) so if you post to me, be patient! I am learning. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting you all. :newbie:

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Welcome! It seems like you handled your first curve ball pretty well, and you can look forward to many more! It's nice to know that you're open and excited to learn because there will always be something new to learn. A word of caution, though. .. starting out with multiple tanks can get to be frustrating and overwhelming with maintenance depending on the person.

Good luck!

Edit: to help build up your online fishy lingo, MTS can either mean "malaysian trumpet snail" or "multiple tank syndrome," which is a condition that you have :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store