Hydro sp. japan

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sethman94

AC Members
Sep 11, 2013
NC
Real Name
Seth
I don't know much about this kind of plant, googled doesn't give you the best answers but I know y'all do. Does it grow like crazy? Is it worth having in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
There is a nice little video here gives a pretty good look at it. It's a low growing carpet type plant, doesn't need a lot of light. This guy just got it so it hasnt' grown in much at the time this was shot but should give you an idea of it generally. No mention of how fast growing it is but it would look like if it got into more areas than you wanted you could just yank out the excess. Unlike for instance microsword grass which is attached root to root so pulling out any of it pulls it all out and makes a bit of a mess.

if you don't want the hydro sp. japan please feel free to send it to me. :)

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Under lower lighting you may need to coerce it to grow laterally yourself by planting any vertical growth, which is the case for other carpet plants as well. Sometimes these types of plants will want to grow towards the light instead.

Which tank is this going to be in? I'd be a bit cautious trying a delicate carpeting plant with larger cichlids that may dig or rearrange on their own.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store