Introduction; beginning again with shrimp and a betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rhyolight

Registered Member
Sep 29, 2013
Hi, I kept goldfish (first increasingly big tanks, then a 6x8 backyard pond outside Boston) ten years ago; then I was fishless, but have a natural vernal pond (multiple frog species, dragonflies, salamanders) in my back yard. Now I'm getting ready to move to somewhere else in Central NH and last week I began cycling a Fluval Ebi tank and yesterday I bought a baby betta. I can't set up anything larger until I move (I could, but I'm going to have enough trouble as it is. It'd help if I knew where I was going) but there's an empty 50 gallon tank in the basement.

The Fluval Ebi is looking great now that the weird carbon/soil? substrate has settled. The shrimp shop in Northampton, MA <Aqua View Design> has a proprietary bacteria supplement I am using to help get the tank going. I can't remember whether I did a long, responsible run-in period with my first tanks, but now there's the Internet (I think I must have set up in the mid-80's) and can do better.

So this poor baby betta. I am going to set him (?) up in a naturally planted tank. Right now he is lurking next to a marimo in a vase.

I also have two cats and a wicked Internet habit.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store