Fairfield/vacaville/san fransisco area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Is anyone familiar with what the LFS selection like in these areas? I'm moving there on the 10th and am looking forward to getting a tank back up and running :)

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
I used to work for Sea Splendor Aquarium (1650 N Texas St, Fairfield, CA (707) 426-6622) and they are pretty good. I haven't been to the new location (living on the other side of the country now and all), but their saltwater selection (fish, coral, inverts) was pretty good, and a nice assortment of freshwater fish. Small plant selection, and not into the specialized freshwater shrimp or anything though. But there are always willing to special order anything they don't have if you ask. Paula (owner), Evan, and Chris are all very knowledgeable and helpful.

If you do stop in, tell them Jacob says hi ;-)

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Heading to Travis? I grew up near there.

This place is really good. http://www.aafish.com/ but it's a tad further than you may think. SF is even further. Not out of reach though.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
SW, FW, or both??

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Heading to Travis? I grew up near there.

This place is really good. http://www.aafish.com/ but it's a tad further than you may think. SF is even further. Not out of reach though.
Yes heading to Travis. I get there on the 10th. Ill probably start amassing equipment near the 15th :)

I used to work for Sea Splendor Aquarium (1650 N Texas St, Fairfield, CA (707) 426-6622) and they are pretty good. I haven't been to the new location (living on the other side of the country now and all), but their saltwater selection (fish, coral, inverts) was pretty good, and a nice assortment of freshwater fish. Small plant selection, and not into the specialized freshwater shrimp or anything though. But there are always willing to special order anything they don't have if you ask. Paula (owner), Evan, and Chris are all very knowledgeable and helpful.

If you do stop in, tell them Jacob says hi ;-)
Fantastic! Thank you so much, ill be heading there for sure :D

SW, FW, or both??
Yes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I no longer have a SW tank, but I use to go to Aquarium Concepts in Danville.

For FW--Ocean Aquairum, Aqua Forrest, and Lucky Ocean. All in San Francisco

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I no longer have a SW tank, but I use to go to Aquarium Concepts in Danville.

For FW--Ocean Aquairum, Aqua Forrest, and Lucky Ocean. All in San Francisco
I looked them up, and will try to pay them a visit for sure!

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
So have you had a chance to check out the places? Been there almost a month now, right?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
So have you had a chance to check out the places? Been there almost a month now, right?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I did the guy at sea splendor wasn't very nice. I asked if it was possible to order dwarf puffers and he actes like it was a huge inconvenience and essentially said no

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store