Green pike dwarf tank size and tank mates?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bman103192

AC Members
Sep 23, 2013
So I was at my LFS and fell in love with this female dwarf green pike. The guy said he would be fine in my 20 gallon cube so I've got her in there with 3 corys but after reading online I feel this may be wrong. Please give me some advice! Thanks guys

Sent from my XT907 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Any idea which species? C. compressiceps? There's a lot of Crenicichla species and sizes vary from about 4-5" full grown up to 8-10"...it's one on the smaller end, it might be ok in the 20g (what are the dimensions?) but if it's a larger species then I'd be concerned.

That being said, mixing with corys probably wouldn't be the best idea anyways. These guys can be nasty for their size.

bman103192

AC Members
Sep 23, 2013
It is full grown at 2.5 inches not sure of the species but I can find out. Also it is a 23 gal nano cube unsure of dimensions right off the top of my head but I will find out when I get back home

Sent from my XT907 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

moby goby

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
New York
Real Name
Robert
Pikes stay in the lower region of the tank and would therefore be territorial towards other bottom dwellers. Unfortunately corys think everyone is their friend! I'd keep a close watch over her.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Compressiceps only grow to about 3-4". Bottom dwelling species so any other bottom dwellers could easily become a target of agression. Not nessecarily a community fish but depending on its personality it may be fine... Or be a killer. Just make sure anything that you keep it with isnt small enough to be eaten( these fish can take a decent sized fish for its size)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store