Malachite "Green" DISAPPEARED!??!?!!?!?! Is this bad!?!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amd889

Registered Member
Oct 6, 2013
Madison WI
I treated my fish with API's "LIQUID SUPER ICK CURE" and the green color has disappeared!!!!!! I am concerned that the ick parasite will not be effectively killed if the green coloration has disappeared from the water. I have not treated fish for ick before and feel very concerned. I am sure many have had experience using "LIQUID SUPER ICK CURE" or a similar product. Can someone please reassure me that it is normal for the green color to disappear from the water after a few hours and that I should wait 48 hrs (as the instructions suggest) before adding more????
:help::help::help:

Hope you can help! Alfonso

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Unless you have charcoal in your filter, you should be good

amd889

Registered Member
Oct 6, 2013
Madison WI
Hooooooray!!!!! Thank you Glabe! I did remove the charcoal from the filter but I was surprised that the green color disappeared!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Put some tank water in a white bucket or cup and it will have some blue/green to it if you've got any API Super Ich Cure in the tank.

I've used that product too and didn't think my water was discolored until I did a water change using my white 5gal bucket.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store