WTB Freshwater Copepods!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

matiller

AC Members
Aug 18, 2011
Hi all! I'm looking to buy a huge/bulk starter population of freshwater copepods for my 5g tank. I can't seem to find many online vendors selling them, and if so, for reasonable prices. Shipping would be to zip 31602 to configure estimates. If anyone could help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it! PM me for any questions or other details needed. I can also be reached at mrtgtiller@gmail.com.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
No idea what you consider 'reasonable', but Goliad Farms sells them starting at $5 for a small culture. I've seen their scuds, and they are monsters--some up to a half inch.

matiller

AC Members
Aug 18, 2011
I checked the site out and they only seem to sell gammarus, which I haven't taken a look at before, but I think I'm interested lol. My only concerns are whether or not they will produce young that my chili rasboras and Scarlet Badis will want to eat, or that they may disrupt my cherry shrimp breeding. I ordered some copepods from a site recently at 100 for $12, which doesn't seem very economical to me seeing as though they're considered pests to most, or easy culturing organisms as well. Besides, I believe they were all eaten that night I placed them in lol.

matiller

AC Members
Aug 18, 2011
From where lol? I live in south Georgia so it shouldn't cost nearly that much o.o

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
Goliad Farms... I don't see why it should cost that much anywhere in the states... or are they not based in the US?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Most likely because they're not really targeting the hobbyist. I've never ordered, so didn't know shipping costs. In general, though, live animals will ship priority/overnight...and that's expensive, no matter where it's going. Buying just one thing, $40 is high. If you were buying other stuff as well, it would be reasonable.

Sorry.

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
Yeah they are based in Texas... guess they'd only be worth ordering from if you have a pretty big order...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

matiller

AC Members
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks for the heads up guys, I had no idea until I checked last night. For something so common and easy to culture, you'd think they'd be widely available and cheap too =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store