Reliable online tank vendor?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cksnffr

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
Looking for a large tank, probably acrylic, around 96x24x24 (240g). I'm seeing some iffy sites out there and don't know which ones to trust. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
No clue on acrylic, but Glasscages.com is top notch, very affordable for the tank. If they're participating in a show near you, they'll ship the tank at the same time for pickup, much cheaper than straight shipping. Perfect if you're not on a tight timeline.

Other option, ask your local trusted pet stores. Not all of them will know, but probably one will--and they might be able to get you a better deal from a manufacturer than you could get on your own.

Any particular reason you want acrylic?

Cksnffr

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
From what I understand, a glass tank of that size is so heavy that it's pretty much impossible to move even with four guys. That's really the only reason.

I've seen a lot of bad press on glass cages. They're definitely legit?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I have a tank from them. No problems at all.

Yes, it will be heavy. But even an acrylic tank that size is going to be heavy.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I have several from them...never an issue in 20 yrs...not real quick on e-mail response to questions and the phone can often be busy, but their tanks are great. Pick up at a show has always been a snap with plenty of help by them getting it into your truck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store