Keeping diluted Flourish on hand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Do you think keeping diluted Flourish in a separate bottle would be ok? Anyone think it will degrade? I'd rather make up a solution say 1 teaspoon for every 10 gallons. That way I'd just use one of the test kit test tubes with a 5ml mark.

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I'm not sure I understand your question. Why not just treat add the full strength Flourish to the tank?

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
go to wallgreens or any drug store and get a syringe that holds a max of 1ml. that's what i use for my small tanks, it lets me dose small amounts like .2 ml of N or .5ml K. i dont think watering it down will help. i would contact sea chem about that

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Well, I have smaller tanks so it only takes a little bit of flourish right out of the bottle and I can't easily to small volumes using the cap as measuring device. I could round to 3ml for my 34G but I don't want to overdose and it's impossible to measure out for my 10G and 5G tanks.

I thought about using the oral syringes but it's just a hassle. You pour it out into the cap, suck up what you need then dump the rest back into the bottle.

What I have since done is not dilute and use a saline nasal spray bottle to measure precise amount of flourish. You remove the top of the spray bottle and remove the tube. Now it becomes a dropper bottle just like the API test kit. Based on my measurements it takes 19 drops for every 10G, so I use 9 drops for my 5G and use the API test tube that I marked at 3ml and place drops in it until the 3ml mark then dump that into my 34G.

I do the same for liquid CO2. It's very quick, easy and accurate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store