WTB Grindal / white worm starter culture and vinegar eels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
I am looking for a starter culture of grindal worms and vinegar eels. I need enough worms of each to start a culture. I would prefer to get both together but I am most interested in grindal worms. If you don't have vinegar eels but do have another small live food that is easy to maintain I may be interested in that as well.

Thanks

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
You can start your own vinegar eel culture. Buy unpasteurized apple cider vinegar. Dilute 1:1 with dechlorinated water in a jar. Add a couple slices of apple. Wait.

You'll see them in a week or so, squirming around.

The local fish clubs around me are a great resource for live food cultures--have you checked in to any around you? Cheaper than shipping, especially with the cold weather coming on.

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
Wow I didn't know you can get them from vinegar from the store. I will try that and see if it works!

I do not know about any fish clubs around me. Do you think I could find information about them from my LFS?

grundsau

Registered Member
Jan 28, 2012
Allentown, PA
Real Name
Karen
I have vinegar eels. How many million of them do you want? LOL You can have a starter culture for free, just pay shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store