Hey Everyone!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

qnzrockerkid

Registered Member
Oct 24, 2013
Hey Guys!

Just figured i'd post a little somthing to introduce myself to everyone on here. Im new to the whole forum thing and pretty new to keeping a fish tank as well Lol. I had a couple of little tanks when i was younger, but now that im older i take the hobby much more seriously! I currently have a 29 Gallon Tropical Community Tank.

It Houses:
1 Spotted Pleco
5 Chinese Algae Eaters
7 Neon Tetras
3 Glowlight Tetras
2 Silver Hatchet Fish
1 Black Molly
1 Dwarf Gourami
2 Sunburst Platties
1 Orange Molly
1 Dalmation Molly

I've read around and seen people talk about "Overstocking" a tank. But seeing as how about 12 of these fish are fairly small in size and don't grow to be much bigger, i think im fine. Everyone seems to have alot of room to swim and I have not had any deaths in the tank.

Anywho, Thats my story lol. I'll probably post some pics of my setup later on tonight when the lighting in my room is better.

I look foward to being a part of this community and reading some replies :D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
Welcome to ac

Sent from my Motorola Matrix HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

qnzrockerkid

Registered Member
Oct 24, 2013
You do know that Chinese algae eaters are aggressive right?

not to mention that they can get a foot long each

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrinocheilus
That picture does not look anything like the fish i was talking about. Maybe they aren't chinese algae eaters then. Although thats what i was told when i bought them from PetSmart, i was also told that they could live in my Tropical Community with no problem. I attached a picture of what fish I was referring to.

20131024_230407-1.jpg

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
That's a siamese algae eater, or very similar species labeled as that

qnzrockerkid

Registered Member
Oct 24, 2013
Yeah, i found an article about them. Its weird, Im 100% sure that they were being sold as Chinese Algae Eaters at PetSmart. Ah well, we're all human I guess. I'll post better pics of the tank probably some time tomorrow. Thanks for the info though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store