QT next to sump inside stand?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cksnffr

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
Any thoughts on whether it's OK to run a small quarantine tank next to my sump inside my stand? I should have enough room for a 29-gallon tank next to the 40B sump and topoff reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I don't see any problem as long as you dont have water splashing contaminating the other tank, or anyone jumping out into the sump.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Help yourself out by getting 2 sets of in-tank equipment (nets, scrubbies, etc) and then label the q-tanks stuff prominently. Otherwise, no reason for the q-tank to be hidden away in another room.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I personally wouldn't have a QT tank inside a stand.

part of the quarantine process should be observation, and it's hardly easy to pay attention to a fish in a tank, inside a stand.

I'd suggest in an easily lit area, where you have access to move around the tank as possible to make sure you can get a decent view of at least 3 sides of the tank, and therefore better viewing of potential problems for you livestock.

water changes will be easier further away from ground level too.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I personally wouldn't have a QT tank inside a stand.

part of the quarantine process should be observation, and it's hardly easy to pay attention to a fish in a tank, inside a stand.

I'd suggest in an easily lit area, where you have access to move around the tank as possible to make sure you can get a decent view of at least 3 sides of the tank, and therefore better viewing of potential problems for you livestock.

water changes will be easier further away from ground level too.

All good points.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
All excellent food for thought. I wouldn't be considering it if I weren't running out of places to put tanks. :)
I'm sure you could manage with beanbags instead of real furniture.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store