Thoughts on escape proofing a tank with a HOB filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I currently have a DIY BRS 1/4" netting top fitted around my hob to keep jumpers in, but my LFS has a golden dwarf moray I want to get and I'm not confident about that keeping it contained. Eventually it would go in my other tank which is escape proof but would have to be grown out in the sumpless 29g.

So anyone ever kept an eel in a tank with a HOB?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
IMO---Any small Moray will find any small opening and excape.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Agreed, it will most likely escape.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Ok don't particularly feel like throwing away $300, guess I'll have to build a new stand and sump it.

Oldmanofthesea.

AC Members
Jan 22, 2014
This problem is already a bit old, but HOB equipment are more problems then what their worth, any hobbyist doing this with eels, even speaking of the golden draft eel, if your no choice with these HOB filtration, you need to cut the cover plastic that the tubing for your HOB filter fits snug, as tight as best you can do, and adding to this, duct tape the back for I can assure you you leave any opening to explore, you would one morning wake to find little golden draft on your floor.

Buddy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store