Sick Tiger barb

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleMan

Registered Member
Apr 22, 2010
Sydney
So one of my Tiger barbs is sick, I first noticed when i found him nose pointing down with a swollen belly. He would swim normally but when he would come to a stop he would start tilting forward until he was in a vertical position with his nose facing down. My first impression was swim bladder disease so i fed him peas. The next day he looked a lot better, his belly had gone back to normal and he was swimming normally without the nose diving. The next day i noticed his colour was fading and he started to resume the nose down position when he wasnt swimming, he now likes to hangout in a corner of the tank instead of with the group. He is in a 38 gallon tank with 10 other tiger barbs.

My water parrameters are

1. Ammonia 0
2. Nitrite 0
3. Nitrate 20
4. PH 7.2

Any help would be appreciated.

NoodleMan

Registered Member
Apr 22, 2010
Sydney
I got him around 4 months ago, there are no other fish in the tank besides the barbs. I didnt give him peas after the first time but i will again tonight, on the bright side he looks a little better, he is now swimming with the other fish but still looks pale.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store