Replacement of a disaster.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mela

AC Members
May 9, 2011
orange park fl
Real Name
Melvin Avery
Earlier this summer I had a small leak (4in split in a seam) in my DIY acrylic 180gal tank. In the ensuing pandemonium of all the dirty clothes gathered up and put down to soak up the water, taking fish out and putting the ones that would not fit in my Largemouth bass mouth and bringing in pumps and hoses in pumping the water to the back yard. Here is what it looked like before the disaster.180gal & sump.jpg As your looking at it imagine a 4 in stream of water coming out of the right rear seam. Earth shattering. Can`t figger out how to turn it. Now here are some pics of what happens when on the last turn on the last seam reseal. I dropped the tank which landed on a corner and busted a panel and popped the seams......Soooooo now the build goes on for a plywood tank using the salvageable panels. Am going to have a big window in front and a small one at each end.

180gal & sump.jpg

mela

AC Members
May 9, 2011
orange park fl
Real Name
Melvin Avery
Here are some more pics, well maby not. I can`t get the uploaded to work. I get so disgusted with these simple dam programs. All I get is a little circle round and round.

mela

AC Members
May 9, 2011
orange park fl
Real Name
Melvin Avery
Since can`t get pics to come up will try to explain. Have taken 2x4x8 and cut them on one corner the full length at 45deg. Then glued the 45s together forming a strong beam. Each one is (4) are 6ft long and the rest (8) are almost 24in long. I tried to make the top and bottom corners mitered at 45deg. That didn`t work, nuther mess and a trip to Lowes for 4 2x4x8. So now they are butted, glued and screwed with Kreg joints. There is a sheet of plywood .5in on the bottom. Now waiting for sanding belts so I can cover up some of my poor wood working skills. More follows. Pics too I some one can tell me how to get it to work.

mela

AC Members
May 9, 2011
orange park fl
Real Name
Melvin Avery
WOW I think I figgered this out. These pics are of the 180gal tank after I dropped it. Don`t have any of the flood, tooo busy. Mel

downsized_1118131116a.jpg downsized_1118131117.jpg downsized_1118131117a.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store