RO Systems?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neptune555

AC Members
Nov 18, 2013
I have a 50 gallon saltwater tank and I am about to convert my 50 gallon freshwater into a saltwater tank. What RO systems do you recommend?
* My town has well water from the town.
* I am not a DIY person to make attachments
* I have no knowledge of plumbing?
* I anticipate doing weekly water changes of 15 gallons a week... I think it is easier for me to do 15 a week then 30 every two weeks?
* I will set it up in the laundry room / after use I can't keep a bucket in this spot due to the space? I need to set up and tear down daily?

I am confused by the options and pro / cons of 2 membrane / 3 membrane / 4 membrane systems.

thank you!!
Neptune

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I would go for something like this http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-plus-ro-di-system-75gpd.html comes with everything you would need the rodi unit, tds meter, flush kit, and hardware to install it to a faucet or garden hose spigot so no plumbing knowledge needed the faucet connection can be put on and taken off as needed, or I assume your washer is fed from a garden hose type connection, you buy a Y splitter at the hardware store and can leave it attached permanently. The unit itself can be hung on the wall just make sure the screws are in the wall studs.

You will need a place to store some water for tank top offs between water changes, also keep in mind you can't just make water mix salt and use immediately the salt needs a couple hours to mix and clear up and also RODI is made with cold water so it needs to be warm up some before use.

You'll only need a 1 membrane system. Unless you have alot of crap in your water 4 stages is generally fine.
If you wait between now and black friday good chance the unit will be on sale, buckeye supply may also have similar unit that could go on sale as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store