AQUARIUM FISH TANK ST500-14.5 GALLONS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm personally not sure about the filtration, is it UGF?

I would also be wary of the lighting, the cost and availability of replacement PC bulbs might be an issue.

If I were to buy something like this, I'd be treating it more as a tank and lid, not a complete solution. I'd be expecting to do something about the lighting, maybe retrofit LEDs or use spiral CFLs. and I'd be looking to use a more traditional filtration method, either that or possibly a mattenfilter.

But if you think it's the tank for you, or you're still not sure, there's more info and more pictures and a price that's $5 cheaper directly from TruAqua (They have other tanks and kits available too). http://www.truaqua.com/aquarium-tank-st500.html

I have personally ordered from them in the past and was happy with their service, my order shipped quickly and packaging was creat.. which is somewhat important with glass aquaria.

HTH

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Yuppers I was going mainly for the price and the tank itself. I would have gutted it and placed my own lighting and filter system. Was really wondering if anyone had problems with the glass and the product itself but you already stated they are good in your book. Though they are tricky, that $5 is added at the end as shipping and handling. I thought the same that it was -$5 cheaper lol.

Though I just ordered one off eBay so I can't wait for it to arrive :).

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Sorry, I didn't notice the 'special handling' charge.

hope you enjoy your new tank tho :)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Pretty neat for under $50 shipped to your door. Hard to tell, but it looks like a 10g footprint, but taller. I don't get the partial power head powered UGF, but you could add a small internal filter for cheap.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
For the pricepoint, I'd be more likely to buy a clearance evolve 8 from petsmart.

and the tank is a bowfront, so not exactly the same as a 10g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store