additives

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
My brother was going to give me a bunch of his excess shrimpies (red cherries I believe) but he recently heard that they would only die if I put them in my tanks because I use plant additives - Tetra Flora-Pride and API CO2 booster - is this true?

I've kept Amanos in my planted tanks before without issue and I know they are the same Genera (Neocardina) so I'm wondering if my brother heard misinformation.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Roy

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Not the same genus (Caridina v Neocardina), but yes, both of those products are safe with inverts. That's not to say the shrimp will have all their needs met, of course, but they shouldn't have a problem with either of those products.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
There are a couple. KnockOut Aquatics off 611 is great--the owner is a hobbyist, started a business to sell the frags from his own reef tank, and a little over a year ago, moved to a new building and expanded to include FW. The FW side is still developing, but he's got great prices and good stock.

Ultra is up the road a bit, and even newer to the FW scene. They have lots of really nice corals, but are pricey. I haven't been in to see anything more on the FW side, just knew they were expanding.

If you're into angels or fancy guppies, City of Angelfish is nice. They breed and sell angels and have an expanding selection of cichlids and cories.

Not really in the Poconos, but Something Fishy is top notch for SW.

Also in the LHV, American Aquarium is nice. Less SW, but if you're in the market for a used tank or looking to get rid of one, they buy/sell for reasonable prices.

But tbh, I haven't bought a fish from any of them. Most of the fish in my tanks have come from Rachel or from an auction at one of the local fish clubs.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Well I get up that way on occasion so It's always nice to know whats around, sometimes just to stop in for a look.

thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store