Cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yannaki

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2013
I am an experienced aquarium owner. I have a 90 gallon tank and 5 cichlids that have been in the tank for at least 8 years. They have thrived in the tank until now. We got them as babies and they have grown up together.

We are wondering why they chase each other around and around in circles. And in the last day or two we have noticed that they have started going nose to nose as though they are challenging each other. Why are they doing this and is there anything that we can do?

Thanks for any advice.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Sounds like a territorial dispute. Try reaaranging the decor around and see if that helps. What type of cichlids? Also can you sex any? If so how many males and how many females? Sorry about all the questions but there are so many many different types of cichlids out there and with all this info it would be easier for us to help you out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Got pics of the fish? Welcome to AC!

yannaki

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2013
Thanks for your idea. We had also thought that it was a territorial thing. So we will try to add some more places to hide. We had taken some stuff out and think that maybe they need more as they had before. They are yellow rams. But we don't know the sexes. Is there a way to determine sex of the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store