Two randon DIY Q's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
First off, which Drylok formula is fish and invert safe? I want to make some stuff for my tanks.

Secondly, I'm really into DIY box filters right now for some reason. Yesterday, I found one of my pygmy corydoras IN my filter. It must have swam down the intake tube and then into the filtration media chamber. Thankfully, I found it in time before it drowned.

How the heck do I prevent this? If I put a strainer over the intake tube, it cuts down on water flow and also, fry (I plan on breeding fish, still hasn't happened yet! Lol.) can still get through.

If I pack the filter tight enough so there's no space to fish to go, it cuts off the suction.

The answer is probably obvious but it escapes me. I COULD go with a different kind of filter but that's just one solution.

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
dunno abt the drylok but for your intake you could try panty hose to cover it I have seen that one mentioned numerous times

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store