Tainted Grass For Sale

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Haha... Sorry I couldn't resist!

Seriously I have a ton of Dwarf Sag that I have grown out beyond what my tank really needs, and I need to make room for some other plants in my grow out tank. Guess what else I have a ton of in there... Pond Snails!

I'd love to sell or trade some of this, but I don't want to be the source of someone's headache when they get my snail tainted grass. So what can I do to safely remove snails + eggs and quarantine the sag without nuking the hell out of it with chemicals? Will dwarf sag tolerate marine salt? I have some I could use in the quarantine tank if so. What about wisteria? I have a lot of both I'd love to share or trade.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
huh, I dunno, maybe the salt would work? I don't care to sell enough plants, but maybe just try selling them as-is and see what you can get..

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Some kind of copper dip? Maybe set something, a bucket with airstone maybe, with one of the copper based ich cures, and QT the plants in there. I don't know if the copper would kill the eggs, but I also wouldn't be surprised.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I believe you can use bleach (diluted) dips as well as potassium permanganate dips

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Several good ideas. I never thought about just making it clear the grass comes with free snails lol! I'm thinking this might call for an experiment. I'm going for a no chemical approach. I guess l will be picking up a few buckets tomorrow.

If you want some "as is" I'd be happy to share or better yet, swap. PM me

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Turbosaurus

AC Members
Dec 26, 2008
Yonkers, NY
You're being silly- Snails are the rule, not the exception. Everybodies got them, and if they don't, its because they make a huge effort to eradicate them upon arrival BEFORE plants go in their tanks.

I checked into this thread thinking I'd see a photo of hairgrass with some terrible algae affliction covering it, lol- you're making a big deal over nothing

You should re-post dwarf sag for sale (not grass) and just note in the description that the tank has snails- no one will care. People who don't want hitchhikers will do their own dip upon arrival.

Its very sweet of you to be so deprecating and show such concern for your fellow tank keepers- but there may be people out there looking for dwarf sag- 99% of whom already have snails, wondering where to find it and skipping over you completely, then no one is happy

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Thanks Turbo, I am being kinda silly... "tainted grass" was a joke within itself :)

On a separate note, I should probably start a new thread, but I want to be 100% I am sending what I say I'm sending. I expected Dwarf Sag to be really short and carpet the tank. It's carpeted the tank alright, but it's more like a very high pile shag (grassy look)
1. The tallest (probably Val. Americana)
2. The shortest looks more like a dwarf chain sword.
3. the medium: dwarf sag?
Photo Dec 08, 5 49 43 PM.jpg
Photo Dec 08, 5 50 06 PM.jpg
Photo Dec 08, 5 50 23 PM.jpg

Any thoughts?

There is a crazy mix going on because it all got shipped in one bag to me, and at the time I had never seen what I ordered before in person to know the difference.

Photo Dec 08, 5 49 43 PM.jpg Photo Dec 08, 5 50 06 PM.jpg Photo Dec 08, 5 50 23 PM.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store