Anything for a 10 gallon?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I am planning to upgrade my betta to a 10 gallon and would like something for the bottom of the tank.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I thought any corydoras needed a bigger tank and of course gravel and plants lol. I also thought Kuhli's needed a bigger tank. I love Oto's but they tend to be very delicate.

We have albino corydoras but considering the small foot print I just did not want to give anyone inadequate housing.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Dwarf Corydora catfish would be A-ok for such a tank. I had a small shoal of Corydoras pygmaeus in my ten gal a few years back; they were arguably my favorite fish (and I had alot of cool fish in that tank at one time or another).

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I don't think I could get my hands on any. I would prefer not to have any animals shipped after I had an axolotl lost in the mail.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
How about some nice black sand, a small piece of driftwood, some crypts and anubias along with 6 Otocinclus catfish.

Dennis
Otto's CAN be delicate but if you find them in you LFS, keep an eye on them for a week or so, if there still doing well at the shop then they've acclimated and should do equally well in your tank. There are many different dwarf loaches that come from the same home waters as Bettas so they would work equally well. Maybe a small shoal of Harleys as well.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Otto's CAN be delicate but if you find them in you LFS, keep an eye on them for a week or so, if there still doing well at the shop then they've acclimated and should do equally well in your tank. There are many different dwarf loaches that come from the same home waters as Bettas so they would work equally well. Maybe a small shoal of Harleys as well.
I actually have did that with the 3 ottos i bought a while ago. I watched a large group for about a week or so then went to buy them and the LFS only had 3 left. But i still have them and they seem hardy IMO because they have been active since day 1 and are all still thriving even after switching to a different tank. If i were you i would look into otos

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I do like oto's ... I had them a while ago, I just do not want to kill anything. I had an unfortunate experience with ADF recently and it makes me a little nervous on what I buy.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Alright so how about some milasian(?) trumpet snails? They stay at the bottom( actually depending on your substrate theyll be under the bottom lol), will keep the substrate clean, and you could eventually have enough to put into all your tanks( assuming you have mutiple tanks)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store