Hello Everyone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
Hi guys my names Joe and I am from Moline Illinois USA had a bit of a problem with my authentication stuff but thanks to those that passed messages for me and to the admin for fixing the problem.

I used to have 20 gal aquariums for my dog and when she died I just never redid the aquarium.

I used to have problems with fish dying and reading through various articles lately found my problem was 1 i overloaded the tank with too many fish and i would change 100% the water every month, clean the glass, and scrub the gravel and it seems i was over stressing my fish and i had to always replace them not to mention never had a cycled tank.

So my daughter in law found me a 75 gallon aquarium for free and so i decided to go get it.

took me 16 hrs to clean the calcified crud off the sides and its fairly cleaned just a few circles i cant get rid of and figure when it has water in it for a while they will soften and I can clean them off then but they are almost invisible now.

I do cad work for a living so right now so I designed a stand for my aquarium and learning all I can before I get my fish so I can have a low maintenance aquarium without stressing and killing my fish.

I have everything set up and am well along on my cycle. my ammonia is now down to .25 ppm so tomorrow I will add some more ammonia and bring it back to abt 2 ppm

well thats a little abt me and where I am at right now. Hope to learn a lot from this group of ppl.

Joe

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store