my first 75 gal Aquarium Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
I found a really Great Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of everything really saves me a lot of programming to make my own but I will probably tweek it for my needs.

I put it up on my web in case anyone wants to download it http://www.proflooney.net/Aquarium/M...-Workbook.xlsm

this is my first real aquarium so I may post a lot of dumb questions etc. I haven't been able to get on for a week due to registration probs so this first part will be a catch up to where I am at currently.

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
Ok now for the fish eventually

Top Level Fish
1: Carnegiella strata - Marble Hatchetfish
2: Carnegiella marthae - Blackwing Hatchetfish
3: Trigonostigma heteromorpha - Harlequin Rasbora
4: Danio margaritatus - Micro Galaxy Rasbora
5: Danio margaritatus - Micro Galaxy Rasbora

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
Now my Mid Level Fish

1: Paracheirodon Axelrodi - Cardinal Tetra
2: Hyphessobrycon Columbianus - Colombian Red Fin Tetra
3: Hemigrammus Erythrozonus - Glowlight Tetra
4: Hyphessobrycon sweglesi - Red Phantom Tetra

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
And Now for my Bottom Dwellers

1: Corydoras Ambiacus - Amazon Cory
2: Corydoras Sterbai - Sterba's Cory
3: Corydoras Sterbai - Gold Sterba's Cory
4: Baryancistrus Demantoides - Green Phantom Pleco
5: Hymenochiru - Dwarf African Frog

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
The other day I took my tap water in and these are the results they told me

Ammonia .5 or less

Nitrate No3 0-20 range

Nitrate No2 0-.5

Hardness 100

Chlorine 1

Alkalinity abt 100

Ph 7.8 Alkaline

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
I want to make a 3D background so Today I will try to figure out how I want the main part of the cliff to go. Just like when I am doing my museum work I have to start by doing some research in this case looking for some cliffs for reference.

I use images.google.com for all my reference pictures and came up with some nice cliffs for reference

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
now here is the thing with reference materials ie stuff I see that makes it more than just a picture. like example when I am doing aircraft for museums I find a ton of pics of the aircraft they want me to build for them and I narrow down my pictures by areas that gives me the ideas I need.

This is the same thing.

Picture 1: left side I see the shifting of the rocks where it has that layer (is elevation in pic is abt the same as the ledge) where the rocks droop down some which gives the cliff some character and is a small detail you would most assuredly never see someone doing in their aquarium which means it will make yours very unique and not just another cliff.

Secondly there is the ledge. you can see a large flat ledge with the cracks in it and then instead of a jagged wall behind it you can see a fairly smooth rock with just a few broken pieces.

Finally, you can see all kinds of moss growing throughout the cliff. they are on the flat ledge, on the smooth rock, and in nooks and crannies on the rough surfaces.

so what ideas do I see here? most is for texturing and some layout ideas but the cool thing I see here is i can place little moss pieces in various places on the cliff and it will look cool.

I don't know anything about moss for aquariums other than I have seen mossballs at LFS and always wondered if you could cut them up and plant them as pieces in different places around the cliffs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store