Para Bailar La Cabomba (English post, bad joke)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Clearly my cabomba is dancing...

In all seriousness, my cabomba is not really taking root. I got a pot of it, and I might have 3 stems that have stayed put... the rest is dancing around the tank at random. This is my first go-round with cabomba, and I love the way it looks... when it stays planted. Any ideas on getting and keeping it rooted? I'm tired of all the Latin music!

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
I had the same problem when planting the stuff. what i did for the many stems that did not root to the substrate is to just allow them to free float until theh developed side roots, then I used those side roots to help with the anchoring process. Once there are long enough roots you can place the rocks on top of the roots and around the stem. Most of mine have rooted to the substrate now and are growing multiple shoots.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I had the same problem when planting the stuff. what i did for the many stems that did not root to the substrate is to just allow them to free float until theh developed side roots, then I used those side roots to help with the anchoring process. Once there are long enough roots you can place the rocks on top of the roots and around the stem. Most of mine have rooted to the substrate now and are growing multiple shoots.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Great idea! I wondered if they would sprout up sideshoots and roots, but I've never dealt with cabomba before. Thanks for the help!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
yeah, try some rocks on top of it next time you plant it. Other than that, keep on dancing:dance:

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
There aren't rocks in that aquarium besides the gravel substrate. I wonder if I plant them deep if they will rot below the surface like rotala does. Strangely glossostigma does not rot when it's planted deeply. I have plenty... I guess I could experiment for science sake.

Interestingly enough, one of the dancing pieces laid down flat against the substrate right next to my Amazon sword. I moved it once before when it was on top of it and it came right back to the same spot. This time I noticed it had rooted itself horizontally. The rules of attraction are strange lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store