Fluval Shrimp Kit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Is it any good? I would like one or two species of shrimp with a few small fish like scarlet badis or an oto. It will be planted with some small plants and driftwood.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I don't see why not. Shrimps and otos are fine, not sure about badis though.

Puffers

Registered Member
Dec 14, 2013
the badis certainly are the right size, males full grown are 20mm? They should coexist well with the shrimp to be sure. Overall the kit is great, not an intensely powerful filter but it's a beautiful tank.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
the badis certainly are the right size, males full grown are 20mm? They should coexist well with the shrimp to be sure. Overall the kit is great, not an intensely powerful filter but it's a beautiful tank.
Ive had a badis and it killed my ghost shrimp. They will attack and kill fancier shrimp like cherries and the likes. They will eat the babies for sure. If you want shrimp you shouldnt get a badis. Maybe some microrasboras. Get to a max of 3/4" and would suit this tank very well. Or even endlers. They might eat the babies but i dont think they could kill adults.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Ok cool its either that or the fluval spec 5 gallon. random question, do you know if dwarf puffers can survive off non-frozen foods? oh, and how many micro rasboras for an 8 or 5 gallon? I would like at least six...

Last edited:

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Ok cool its either that or the fluval spec 5 gallon. random question, do you know if dwarf puffers can survive off non-frozen foods? oh, and how many micro rasboras for an 8 or 5 gallon? I would like at least six...
Dwarf puffers can survive of of non frozen foods. Actually if you have any pest snails that you want to get rid of theyll glady eat them. They will crack open the shells and slurp up the snail. If you plan on keep some dwarf puffers id suggest you feed them something a bit hard at least once a week( snails or frozen food) to keep their teeth from over growing. They are so fun to watch and you can just see how smart they are by the way they interact with their enviroment.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Thanks I want to do frozen foods but my mom is a little icky about them... by the way, im thirteen, not a 30 year old living with his mother :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store