Micro crab "Corral"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

seaecho

AC Members
Oct 9, 2013
I was having trouble seeing my Thai Micro crabs in my large Kritter Keeper, which, of course, doesn't come with a light. Even with the black Carib Sea substrate, I was having trouble seeing them when I siphoned. No fun. So I decided to put them in my 10 gallon endler tank. My husband and I made them an 8x8 inch "corral" on one side of the tank. We put their clay pot, moss, PVC pipe, driftwood and marimo ball there to encourage them to stay nearby, in case they were able to climb out. The corral "fencing" is simply acrylic that is 3 inches high. I don't know if they can climb the slippery acrylic, but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

When I took them out of the Kritter Keeper, I could only find 3 (I had 5 to begin with). One was dead :(, but the two others seem fine. Couldn't find the remaining two. Depending on how this works out, I may be getting more in the future. Two pics below showing the corral in the left lower corner of tank. I sure hope this works out!

001.JPG003.JPG

001.JPG 003.JPG

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
good luck! mgamer is right though...

seaecho

AC Members
Oct 9, 2013
I check daily to make sure the plants are not bending over the "walls." and that nothing inside touches the walls. I found only one crab today, in the clay pot. Don't know where the others are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store