Concrete free DIY background

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
I'm currently building up my new planted tank and want a 3d background but they all have concrete in them, is there anything else I can use to give the same or similar effect as I already have the tank running ?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
well you can always do the foam for the 3D background and paint it with acrylics and then put a clear coat on it. the problem is if you get fish that like to eat algae etc they will scrape away the paint as they eat. it wont harm them but your background will look beat up in no time.

You can also to one with Epoxy Resin fiberglass I don't know about Polyester resin but ppl use Epoxy Fiberglass resins.

3rd Idea would be to just get some slate or something and silicone them on top of each other and build some kind of 3D background effect from that and you can use clear acrylic for a base

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Tanks already up and running? yeah... that complicates things alot. As Huntley already said, just silicone some rocks together? Moss wall?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store