Hi - new here

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

diane_17

Registered Member
Dec 21, 2013
Hi all,

I just joined here. I used to be a member of The Gab.org, but the site is down and I don't know if it will ever
be back up. I've been keeping goldfish since 2007. My fantail just died of old age. He was almost 8 years old.
Where can I ask about cleaning the filter media as I want to add this filter to my other tank to keep it going.
I will clean out my tank, a 29g and set it up with some new fish when I know what I want to do. I just want
to be sure I go about this the right way. Thanks for any help!

Loach guy

Loach guy
Dec 20, 2013
Michigan
Real Name
Scott
Hi Diane! I am new here as well, with a newly invigorated...well, obsession really for the hobby. I am sorry to hear about your fish. Are you putting the old filter in a new aquarium?

diane_17

Registered Member
Dec 21, 2013
For now to keep my cycled media and since I know there was no disease in my 29g, I am keeping the filter running on my 75g until I
figure out what I want to do with my 29g.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
You should keep your media going with filter running to keep it going..is that what you are doing?

diane_17

Registered Member
Dec 21, 2013
Yes, exactly. This is way it will be ready when I am ready to set my tank up with new fish.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would just move the filter over. Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store