petco $1/gallon sale

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SANDYBOTTOM

AC Members
Oct 16, 2012
Minnesota
Real Name
Lynn
yes,but for a 40 and 55,i would not want the kit anyway. i would rather have a quality canister.stock lights are usually replaced if you want plants or want leds.versa hoods are pretty cheap.just depends upon what you want.some people just need the tank.i know that i have enough extra stuff sitting around to set up 2 or 3 tanks.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Personally I would like to see the largest savings on real wooden stands. :)

The deals on tanks are good, but I doubt that is where the majority of the expense is for most aquarium setups.

For anyone wanting a standard size glass box, this is a good deal.

For anyone wanting a mostly complete setup to run right now, this may not be the best deal for you.

If you don't mind used, you can get some incredible deals out there. (Earlier this year I picked up a 38g full setup for $40 or so at an aquarium society meeting, also have a stack of drilled and plumbed 10g tanks that were $1 each... etc)

Vincenia, knowing what all was included in the kit might let people better know what an awesome deal it was (If it wasn't a staff only discount you might be able to plug your store and let others share the joy).

What would be more useful here would be suggestions of other good deals, to turn these tanks into usable setups, rather than just a glass box of water.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Personally I would like to see the largest savings on real wooden stands. :)

The deals on tanks are good, but I doubt that is where the majority of the expense is for most aquarium setups.

For anyone wanting a standard size glass box, this is a good deal.

For anyone wanting a mostly complete setup to run right now, this may not be the best deal for you.

If you don't mind used, you can get some incredible deals out there. (Earlier this year I picked up a 38g full setup for $40 or so at an aquarium society meeting, also have a stack of drilled and plumbed 10g tanks that were $1 each... etc)

Vincenia, knowing what all was included in the kit might let people better know what an awesome deal it was (If it wasn't a staff only discount you might be able to plug your store and let others share the joy).

What would be more useful here would be suggestions of other good deals, to turn these tanks into usable setups, rather than just a glass box of water.
I'm not sure if they always do this, but last time I bought a 55 from this sale
I got a discount on a nice stand for somewhere around 40-50% off. I love this sale.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Where do you even find non-MDF tank stands anymore for standard sized tanks? You still see tons of the old knotty pine looking wood stands for tanks up to 150g or so for sale used, but I haven't seen a mass produced stained wood stand at a petstore for decades. Custom setups are a different animal of course.

Yeah, the $1/gal deal can't be beat for 29, 37, 40 and 55g tanks. It's about 50% off every day retail.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Where do you even find non-MDF tank stands anymore for standard sized tanks?
you really want a list?? ;)

Most any local pet store I can visit will stock them, or can get them within a week.

they're just too expensive at full retail for my cheapskate self.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store