Feeder for aquarium that has fixed top

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

red devil

AC Members
Jan 7, 2003
Shenzhen, China
Visit site
I bought a 7 gallon aquarium for my desk. It has a top that is fixed to the aquarium. Half of the top is hinged and can open - contains the light. The other half does not open and contains a filter. There is a powerhead in the bottom of the tank that pumps the water up to the lid, where it is sprayed onto about 36 sq" of filter surface - a very acceptable amount of filtering, given the fact that the tank will be heavily planted.

My problem...I want to install an automatic fish feeder on this, which means I will have to cut a whole in the top. That is no problem - I have the tools to do it. All of the automatic fish feeders I have seen seem to require a rather generous hole in the aquarium lid for the food to fall through and into the water. Is there one made that will just drop the food directly down into the water through a 3/4" or so hole?

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Funnel system ftw :)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Will the tank be unattended for long periods of time, thus the need for a feeder? Most fish don't need to be fed daily, and you'd want feedings to be extremely light if you're not around to do water changes, especially in something small like a 7g.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Fish Mate F14 will do that.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Will the tank be unattended for long periods of time, thus the need for a feeder? Most fish don't need to be fed daily, and you'd want feedings to be extremely light if you're not around to do water changes, especially in something small like a 7g.
I agree. How long between feeding time are we talking about??

PS--What kind of fish??

PSS--Have not heard from you in a while. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store