Hello from Ireland

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Esoxluciousss

AC Members
Mar 25, 2013
I was not able to retrieve my old username due to my mail account being hacked. But I am back with an extra s.lol..
Spent two years in America . Now back in Ireland, just set up a nano tank for my son. For dwarf shrimp hopefully, still cycling. Another week to go.
Would live any hints and tips for crs, crs, yellow blue ..shrimp. Thanks

Esoxluciousss

AC Members
Mar 25, 2013
I was not able to retrieve my old username due to my mail account being hacked. But I am back with an extra s.lol..
Spent two years in America . Now back in Ireland, just set up a nano tank for my son. For dwarf shrimp hopefully, still cycling. Another week to go.
Would live any hints and tips for crs, crs, yellow blue ..shrimp. Thanks
Anyone at all...

Esoxluciousss

AC Members
Mar 25, 2013
Just found Brown algae an fungus on wood any ideas of how to get rid...no fish or shrimp in tank yet

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I dont know much about shrimp but i do know that if you shouldnt mix neos together( RCS, blue, yellows just to name a few) because they will all breed and youll end up with a tank full of ugly shrimp. Thats what i heard so i cant provide much help. Hopefully others will chime in.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Just found Brown algae an fungus on wood any ideas of how to get rid...no fish or shrimp in tank yet
Try boiling the wood for a few minutes. It can help with the fungus. As for the algae, you may have your lights on too long. I say this because you dont have any critters in your tank so overfeed is obviously not the cause. How lobg do you run your light? Any plants? Water parameters? With more info we can help identify the issue.

Esoxluciousss

AC Members
Mar 25, 2013
algae

cryptocoryne , getting moss today and floating plants...turning lights out now for three days. I know that if I introduce a bn he will clean it up for me. But I really only want shrimp in there. But thanks for the input

Esoxluciousss

AC Members
Mar 25, 2013
algae

cryptocoryne , getting moss today and floating plants...turning lights out now for three days. I know that if I introduce a bn he will clean it up for me. But I really only want shrimp in there. But thanks for the input.. I boiled the wood for ten hours already. But I have been told it will come back

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
cryptocoryne , getting moss today and floating plants...turning lights out now for three days. I know that if I introduce a bn he will clean it up for me. But I really only want shrimp in there. But thanks for the input
I had ghost shrimp that would snack on that stuff so i wouldnt see a reason for other shrimp to not munch on it as well. Shrimp are pretty cool even by themselves in a tank. Theyre always doing something and they are fun to watch

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
I started keeping shrimp a few months ago in my planted tank. It's funny that you're having the same issues I had so I'll share my experiences and tell you what I did. The driftwood was my first problem, after weeks of cleaning and soaking, I threw it away. Ghost shrimp seem to be very tasty after molting because I've bought 30 over the past few months and have removed 6 bodies; I only have 1 left. So I've decided to add them occasionally to mix things up, maybe another species will do better but I'm not giving up totally.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Esoxluciousss

AC Members
Mar 25, 2013
Went the shop today to get everything tested by a pro. Kh 7, ph 7.6, NH4 (ammonium) 4, NO2 (Nitrite)0.1, NO3(Nitrate) 1ppm... Needs a little more cycling added moss and floating plants and some other plants..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store