20 long stocking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I have plans to get German blue or gold rams. From my reading it will have to be one male, one female because of tank size. My question is what kind clean up crew can I run? I have read they can or will eat shrimp, but other that I am unsure. This will be a planted tank w/ co2. And as for other tank mates I am still undecided.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
They would deffinately pick of shrimp. Try some snails. They clean up good

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
They would deffinately pick of shrimp. Try some snails. They clean up good
I too agree, snails, or one larger snail would be OK.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
x3 snails, rams horns, or a big mystery snail. you could get a nice little group of corys, they have great schooling show, also you can add some ottos, they school nicely too. cherry barbs are great at eating algae, and unlike most barbs they tend to stick to their own group and do much less nip picking, if not any at all

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
If I were to add otocinclus or corys, should it be before the rams? To avoid any possible aggression? I have read they are no where near as aggressive as other cichlids, but still curious if I need to watch em.

Also snails, oto, corys, will they adapt to the ram water conditions?

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
Otos will love GBR ram water conditions, and I wouldn't worry about them being aggressive with anything other than other rams from my experience (and they're not really all that aggressive, then, either).

Eric

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
i wouldnt worry at all with corys or Ottos, the corys might get pushed aside, if they hang out to close to the rams home, but most the time they are racing around the aquarium

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Good to know fishfiles. I need to do some looking at ram habits to make sure I provide a proper home for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store