Dwarf Puffers in Massachusetts?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
So I'm thinking of getting a pair of dwarf puffers for my 10 gallon tank but the only problem is, I've never seen them in any local shops.

Any of you MA or RI people know of any shops that keep them?

Tom

Tando Mando

AC Members
Apr 12, 2004
Planet Earth
Visit site
I'm nowhere near the East Coast of the US, but you can order them on line. I've never ordered fish via mail, but fish2U.com does that.
Good luck!

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Tom
I haven't been to this store in, geez, maybe 4 years, but if I remember correctly, the last time I was here they had puffers...

Boston Tropical Fish
617-623-4244
243 Msgr. Obrien Hway, Cambridge

Are you familiar w/ the Cambridge area? If you know where Lechmere station is, and Twin City Plaza... you drive up away from Lechmere towards Twin City Plaza, and on the right side, across from the McDonald's, it's right there, next to the packy and Work N' Gear stores.

They have a ton of different fish and animals in there... when I was there they had a chicken running around. They bought him to feed to one of their snakes, but the guy who received the order liked the chicken so much they decided to keep him!!

~Tara

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
Originally posted by dwayne
Tom
I haven't been to this store in, geez, maybe 4 years, but if I remember correctly, the last time I was here they had puffers...

Boston Tropical Fish
617-623-4244
243 Msgr. Obrien Hway, Cambridge

Are you familiar w/ the Cambridge area? If you know where Lechmere station is, and Twin City Plaza... you drive up away from Lechmere towards Twin City Plaza, and on the right side, across from the McDonald's, it's right there, next to the packy and Work N' Gear stores.

They have a ton of different fish and animals in there... when I was there they had a chicken running around. They bought him to feed to one of their snakes, but the guy who received the order liked the chicken so much they decided to keep him!!

~Tara
I know exactly where that is! I grew up in East Cambridge. I never even noticed the fish store though! I will definitely have to check them out. Thanks.

Celura, I've checked the local Petsmarts and haven't seen them. I'm not sure why but none of them carry them.

Tom

*Edit* I just called Boston Tropical Fish and they do have them in stock right now! We should have puffers by the weekend :)

Last edited:

fishypoo2

Editor of Tropical Fish Monthly
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
You could also try:

Uncle Ned's Fish Factory
1590 Main St. (Rte. 109)
Millis, MA
unclenedsfishfactory.com

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
Originally posted by fishypoo2
You could also try:

Uncle Ned's Fish Factory
1590 Main St. (Rte. 109)
Millis, MA
unclenedsfishfactory.com
I was just at Ned's this weekend to pick up a couple of blue rams. I didn't see any puffers though.

Tom

LGooley

AC Members
Mar 29, 2004
Florida
Visit site
Hi,
Not sure if it is the same thing but I just purchased a Leopard Puffer at Petco in Leominster, MA $2.99. They had three left.
Thanks,
Letty

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store