URGENT! My paradise fish has cotton wool disease/fungus + fin rot

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LFishburne

Registered Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi everyone, I need your help:cry:

I have a female paradise fish with what I think is cotton wool disease and fin rot (please see photos below). I've treated her with Esha 2000 and today's the 3rd day/end of treatment. Yesterday she was still eating but today, she didn't have interest in food at all.

SAM_2286.JPGSAM_2292.JPG SAM_2303.JPG

As you can see, I put her in a separate clear container because the male paradise fish sometimes chases and bullies her; as well as my female yellow lab cichlid [Labidochromis caeruleus]. This explains the lesions on my female paradise fish (pre-fungus days). The water in my tank is not filthy because I have to do a 20% water change twice a week since I have a nursery of 11 yellow lab fry which requires this.

Please help! Will she survive this or is it too late? If I should continue with Esha 2000 tomorrow, how much should the dosage be?

Tank size: 18 gallons/75 L
pH: 7.5
Temp: 25C
Fishes in my tank:
2 Paradise fish (male + female)
1 female Emperor Cichlid [Aulonocara Nyassae]
12 Yellow lab cichlids [Labidochromis caeruleus] (1 adult female and 11 30-day old fry)

Thank you for your advice in advance!

SAM_2286.JPG SAM_2292.JPG SAM_2303.JPG

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store